Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Tasty Weasel at Oskar Blues Brewery, Longmont CO

After getting a hotel and Sarah resting up for the night, I decided to
head out to the tasting room at Oskar Blues Brewery. In my defense,
the hotel was only 1.3 miles away so I could get to her if she needed
anything. Beyond that, she woke up Friday thinking we were in Fort
Collins and she didn't even know I went out Thursday until I told her
later Friday afternoon. The only thing I feel guilty about now is that
she didn't get to enjoy great canned beer with me.

For those of you who don't know, Oskar Blues (OB) was one of the first
craft brewers to can their beer. They certainly use this to
distinguish themselves in the craft world, but the truth is they make
incredible beer regardless of style and vessel. They had the entire
lineup on tap, plus an Alt-itude and Ten Fidy aged in whiskey barrels.
Ten Fidy is probably my favorite straight up imperial stout and when
you throw it in a barrel, I'm in heaven.

I also got to meet the head brewer and got a nice little tour with one
of the canners. Definitely a great little evening out by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment