Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Daily Pint, Santa Monica, CA

Monday afternoon Sarah and I stopped at The Daily Pint in Santa Monica
which had one of the most impressive scotch lists I have ever seen.
But we were there for the beer, and we were not disappointed (even
though the sign was falling apart).

Sarah had the Green Flash Hop Head Red which was an incredibly hoppy
red ale that didn't disappoint. I tasted the stone smoked porter on
cask which was even better than typical draft as the natural
carbonation brings out the smoke just a bit more. But I went with the
Firestone Walker Reserve Porter which was incredibly creamy with nice
chocolate notes. Definitely my favorite Firestone brew. The highlight
though was Stone Ruination on cask. This was served at a perfect
temperature and the Amarillo hops provide an incredible citrus aroma.
A great beer and I can only hope that Stone will have it on cask when
we visit there later in the week. After The Daily Pint we headed over
to Malibu to stay with Sarah's aunt and uncle to visit and regroup for
a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment