Sunday, July 19, 2009

Left Hand Brewing, Longmont, CO

I decided I had a little time left in the evening, so headed around
the block to Left Hand Brewing's tasting room. I had a few tasters of
Sawtooth ESB and 400 lb Monkey (both on cask), as well as St Vrain,
Black Jack Porter, and the imperial stout both plain and aged in a
brandy barrel.

Overall, the beer wasn't anything to die for, but the maltier brews
were the highlights. I also have to mention that the atmosphere was
great and the bartenders were knowledgeable and fun to talk to. I even
ended up staying after closing to taste a Victory Wild Devil with
them. It's an interesting IPA with brettanomyces in it and I'm excited
that Victory will be in my new backyard.

Left Hand was definitely a fun place to kill a couple hours before
getting a good night's rest at a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment